A LETTER FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Greetings from Polish Christian Ministries!
I hope you and your families are well and safe.
In seeking to be obedient to God’s Word and in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, PCM is complying
with the restrictions set in place by our governing authorities, both in the United States and in Poland. We
have received questions and feedback from our Polish partners and U.S. supporters in regard to PCM’s
ministry involvement beyond the end of April. Due to the uncertainty of how long the restrictions will be in
force, PCM is proactively taking the following measures:
During this time of uncertainty and challenge I want to encourage you to not lose heart but actually be strengthened in faith and devotion to our Sovereign God. This is an opportunity to spend more time in prayer and in God’s Word. These restrictions and lockdowns can be seen as gifts from God to help us “reset” our lives and our priorities. Let us go about our work diligently and faithfully, entrusting ourselves to God’s mighty hand. Thank you for your prayers and continued support.
- The salaries for 52 Polish pastors and ministry workers will remain our top priority;
- Providing financial funding for building/renovation projects will continue as long as there are designated funds to send (e.g., from “3 for 3 in 3”) and building projects are allowed to continue in Poland;
- Ministry initiatives with Polish churches (e.g., teaching English at Plock) and at Ostroda Camp have been canceled or postponed through August 31, 2020;
- Ministry operations will continue with PCM staff and partners working from home;
- Mail, donor gifts, and expenses will be taken care of in a normal fashion;
- Communication with US churches and individuals will continue, although all travel is suspended;
- PCM’s Executive Committee will continue to monitor the developments and will adjust ministry operations accordingly.
May our great God continue to impart His wisdom and may His peace reign in our hearts.
Forever in Christ,
PCM Executive Director
Praise God for …
- His care and provision during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Polish pastors/leaders who continue to faithfully serve their congregations during this difficult time.
- Pastor Adam Byra’s successful heart procedure.
- U.S. churches/individuals who come alongside our Polish pastors/leaders.
- today’s technology which allows us to stay in touch and find encouragement.
Please pray for…
- our Polish pastors/leaders to be encouraged as they seek to lead and encourage their congregations.
- adequate funds to provide the monthly salaries for the 52 nationals PCM supports.
- building/renovation projects to go forward.
- Laura and Asia (the wives of two of our leaders) as they fight cancer.
- Basia Zwolinska (wife of Olsztyn pastor Marcin Zwolinski) and her family as they grieve the loss of her mother.
- Basia Kosewska (wife of CSM director Adam Kosewski) and her family as they grieve the loss of her father.
- the presidential election scheduled for May 10. Going forward with an election amidst pandemic restrictions has caused concern and may result in a boycott.
- more rain to fall in Poland. A lack of rain and snow thus far this year is causing near drought-like conditions.